Friday, June 18, 2010

WInding Down!

We continue to keep up the fast pace despite JoAnn's swollen feet and my sore knees but we know we must pursue! Yesterday JoANn spent her day at Bucha sutting the children's hair and hanging with Marco. She has really gotten to know him which is unheard of!
I spent the day at Vorzel again! First thing I had the opportunity to meet up with the Lorraines with Oksana in Groupa House 1. I witnessed the bond between mother and daughter develop over cheerios! I gave the doctor a hand knitted pink sweater set from a woman at my Church for Peaches! And guess who was in the waiting room holding her? Her Grandmother!! That's right, little Peaches! I quickly explained to her that she had a family in America, hoping that she understood and blew her blessings and kisses!
I joined Sasha and the Mission Group at 5 and we distributed the bonnets to the children, choosing a special bonnet for each child based on the size, color and sponser! Off to Groupa 3 where we once again distributed bonnets. The Mision group from Michigan presented the supplies that they brought for the children and careworkers.The children were all so excited and thanked them when directed!
Sasha then took me to the back of 3 where they have started demolition on the room that will soon be the 'Sensory Room' or Early Intervention Room. I will be consulting with them on this project and we made a video explaining the purpose and their needs! I'll never make it as a reporter as I stumbled over words, etc. But it was fun!
I met up with Dr. Yurig B. who evaluated Ruslan and Igor and discussed American philosphies vs. Ukrainian on evalution, treatment and prognosis. He is a great contact and available through the facilitator for assessmenta, plus works as a family doctor. I'll share his information later because it's good to know a doctor in iev
At night Ivanna's parents picked us up and we went back to their house for dinner. We had a wonderful time, eating real Ukrainian food and getting to learn them better. They are a very courageous young couple and should be admired for their dedication to their daughter! We have developed a bond with them that is a treasure! I feel as though I have another family in the Ukraine as they are the samae age as my sons!
After a tour of Kiev and a good night sleep we are off once again to Bucha and Vorzel. 2 heads in Bucha left to cut, more bonding time with Marco for JoAnn and I will be meeting with the speech therapist and evaluating Timothy. Please continue to pray for Monroe. And pray that more doors open! We have broken down barriers through JoAnn's touch which allowed me to touch the children. When people allow you to touch them physically they are opening themselves up emotionally. We have melted the walls and made a difference! More later!

5 comments:

  1. Sandie.. We have been praying about little Monroe since your last post, we need to know more about his medical condition before we can commit to him. Can you or JoAnn please e-mail us when you get a chance: Danielle_m_d@hotmail.com. Thank you so much, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you guys... what a difference you are making for these children and their caretakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie this is sooooo great - I hope Erin was able to get the word to you that we GOT OUR APPROVAL!!!! We are coming for Ivanna soon however our hearts break as we know this will be bitter-sweet for her parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so amazing and dedicated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update about Monroe!!! feel free to email me directly at dziagwax6@gmail.com we are dying to know more about this angel ;)
    *Tammy (RR)

    ReplyDelete