Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Off to Vorzel tomorrow!

Well, you think I'd be resting as I am heading off tomorrow morning but I'll tell you no matter how many times I go to the Ukraine, I'm always running around last minute packing! Donations for the children continued to arrive today and Jillian and I drove around the Poconos picking up precious donations for the children! Odd Lot generously donated over 50 coloring books and crayons (wieght 13 pounds) and i have over 130 Happy Meal Toys as well! I decided this time to put my clothes in my carry on luggage,  and toss the heavy matching suitcases, so I'm packed in 2 large duffle bags each weighing around 40 pounds!That's over 80 pounds of crib toys, rattles, sippy cups, spoons, chalkboards (That's right!), bathing suits, Happy Meal toys, Mardi Gras beads, rings, puzzles, nesting cups, crib mirrors, mobiles, baby toys (one's that make music or vibrate and DON'T require Batteries)and therapy materials. It's quite a hall and I'm  not sure where it will all land, but I know that every toys will be put in the hands of a child who needs it! Other materials will be donated to Parent groups. I'm excited to be traveling by overnight train to Tornopil, to present a early intervention seminar to the families and workers there. It's always exciting to have a new adventure and an overnight train sounds exciting! But more important it is to share what is close to my heart, Early Intervention, and sharing what I know with parents, educators, and the careworkers, so that a child's potential is enhanced and the quality of their life improved. I can't thank God enough for placing me in this field and calling me to do His work in such an exciting way. I'm really looking forward to spending the time at Vorzel with the children and the workers. It will seem odd but OH SO RIGHT to not see Igor, Ivanna, Leeza, Misha, Timur, and Vlad in Groupa House 1, and Masha, Agelica and ANya in Groupa 5 A and of course Ruslan and Timur! But it is a comfort to know that all are in the loving arms of their forever family! There are the other's left behind, to love and comfort; to stimulate and encourage; whose lives I will touch! Praying we can do so much more!
Well, I better close the bags, do a last minute check on the house, make sure the bills are paid, Jillian's bags are packed, print out my eticket and go to bed! Next time you hear from me, it will be from the Ukraine!

2 comments:

  1. have a great tip!! looking forward for all the Vorzel and Tornopil updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels!! I absolutely love what you are doing for the children and families there! I look forward to pictures and updates on the kiddos, you hear?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete