Wednesday, June 22, 2011

An AMAZING DAY!

I spent the day at Vorzel today, in Groupa House 1 where I first felt God calling me to minister to these orphans. I remembered how I 'wandered' over there and met 2 young men who were working on the building with their Pastor. They told me about the children with 'big heads' and 'six fingers' and I was curious and wanted to find these children so we could find them families. It's there where I met Pastor Sasha and my ministry began. At the time, the children were never outdoors, and from what I understood, no visitors allowed.It's there whereI found the children, lying in silence, no toys, no stimulation at all. There were the lowest of them all,and the children who would soon be transferred. It was a scarey and sad destiny for God's littlest ones. I knew I had to help. Today, the children have toys in their cribs and carriages, the staff laugh and sing to them.It's a very different place. Almaz is working on redoing the bathrooms which is uplifting for the careworkers.They were delighted to see me and immediately asked about the children who were adopted. They asked if I knew about families for the children who remained. I was so glad that I could tell them that Vlad and Andrey had parents. These conversations would not have occurred in the past. The barriers have fallen and the careworkers are not sceptical about our presence. They see the fruits of our labor. Soon they will have a wonderful area to bring the children outdoors, with real benches to sit on, and overhangs to protect them from the sun. They asked for a fence so they could bring the childrn out in the walkers! What a change! And they allowed me to spend all day with one special little boy, whom I know as Do Vee Sat. This is the little Vietamiese boy with failure to thrive that I had given them money to buy a blender so they could feed him last year. Not only did he thrive, but he has the most beautiful little full round face! This little boy has a severe case of cerebral palsy; he can not bend at the waist from the contractures in his hips. He is the size of an 8 month old, yet is 3 or even 4! I sat and held this tiny child for over 4 hours. long after the others went inside. I held him while I played ball with SASHA; while I pushed Andrey in his stroller; and while I gave rattles and toys to the others. ANd I slowly stretched his tight little arms , and massaged his hands, and kissed his neck. And slowly he started to relax; he trasked toys and then he SMILED. The biggest and best smile I ever saw. His face lit up and so did mine! We were in love! I cooed and he cooed! The doctor brought me a therapy ball, and I gently stretched worked his stiff little muscles and he relaxed. I was hoping the careworkers saw his reaction and I brought him closer and they were amazed to see him smile and BELLY laugh! I know that I touched this child today and made him feel special. I know so when I laid him down and he started to cry. When I leaned over him and talked to him he stopped and then slowly, very slowly he reached for the toys which was hanging over his head. And he TOUCHED it! This little boys arms were stuck at his side and after a few hours of stretching he could reach!!!! And he smiled!! I thank God for this ministry he has given me! Please pray that others will continue when I leave to stretched this child so that he can sit! Please pray we can get him a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment