Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vorzel Visit

It was wonderful to visit the children and workers at Vorzel, the orphanage where I first realized that God had been preparing me for His work with the children my entire life! Since the first time I was there approximately 19 months ago, I have known 19 children with special needs who have been adopted by famlies in America and France. I have been fortunate to have been able to follow the stories of some of these children and was happy to share updated information and photos of some of the children (with their parent's permission). A few of the children I had previously brought gifts and photos from their adoptive families and immediately was questioned about these children's adjustment in America. They were a bit disappointed I hadn't brought photos of more children and promised them that I would try to bring more next time. Yes, I plan on returning in June if it is God's plan for me.
I met with the Head Doctor, along with Dave, Jane and Anya and were given permission to go to all the Groupa Houses.I also was delighted to present little Miss Anya with gifts from her Forever Family and video her also! I am not sure who felt she had Moebius syndrome, but am sure she doesn't have it after seeing her giggles when tickled!! Having known this little one for 19 months, I am so happy that she has a family! There I was distressed to find that Mr. Bougdon, who had mastered walking with the aide of a walker I had brought there is June, no longer receives visits from his father. We need to pray for this little munchkin along with all the children!





In Groupa 5 ,I was able to see all the children whom I had spent so much time with and talk with some of the caregivers regarding the children who were recently adopted from there. I'm so happy to announce that Sasha and Dmitri, along with their sister Nadia are being adopted by a couple from AlmazChurch and will be living locally. Oh, how I fretted over this sibling group! This is the  mission of the Amaz Church; local families, members of their Church, adopting the children!


How delighted I was to see the room finished that the Almaz Mission groups was working on last June. Not only do the children have new walls and a new bathroom, but the staff finally have a bathroom of their own!And the playground is now fenced in! Now..if we can only raise the funds for the equipment this spring!


In Groupa House 2, I met with Tatiana and she allowed me to visit with and photograph  Baby Boo (AKA: Hamilton/Oliver for the his family and give him his gifts and family album. What a priviledge this was! He is just so precious!

So much more to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment