Sunday, July 10, 2011

First class at Vorzel for Masha and Bogdon

I know so many of you worry about the little ones left behind and I do too. But I am so happy to announce that things are changing at Vorzel, slowly but positvely. Having met with Olga, the head teacher for the past two years, I was so happy to hear that she is finally using some of the techniques and strategies I have been sharing with her, to enhance the overall langauge and cognitive development of the children with Down Syndrome!!One of my last days there, Masha and Bogdon had their first lesson by Tatiana, the teacher in Groupa 5, who was directed by Olga to use gestures!  Yes, they used some SIGN LANGUAGE with them and were shocked when they not only understood but imitated them as well!! I was so excited that she 'got it' finally and saw it working! She intends to continue using 'gestures' to help the children communicate!!I'm so excited! We've decided that when we return in November for the 2nd Conference I will present at Vorzel as well! How wonderful that not only are the doors open, but their minds as well!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a former ASL interpreter, and adopted 10 year old Axel from Serbia in December. Here's a post you might want to read. http://gardenofeagan.blogspot.com/2011/07/axel-language-update.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see more pictures of all the little ones at Vorzel!!

    ReplyDelete